- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 8 oz brick cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch Radishes, cleaned
- 2 Belgian endive leaves separated
- Sliced bread, pumpernickel and/or rye bread
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon and set aside.
Add fennel and garlic to the pan with bacon drippings and cook over medium heat about 10 minutes until fennel is just tender and begins to brown, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, sour cream, blue cheese, bacon,
salt and pepper to fennel; mix well.
Divide mixture between two small ovenproof crocks.
In a small bowl combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and parsley; top mixture in each crock with Parmesan mixture.
Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until just heated through and tops are light brown.