- 4 cups frozen tater tots
- 4 McIntosh apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cloudy apple cider
- A handful dried sweetened cherries
- 8 thin boneless pork loin chops, about 1 1/2 pounds total
- Salt and pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning, a palmful
- Frying oil, such as canola or vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Preheat oven according to package directions for tots. When hot, bake tots to golden and crispy.
Place apples, cider and cherries in small pot, bring to boil then reduce heat to medium. Cook 15-20 minutes, mashing apples into a sauce as they cook down.
Pound out pork loin chops between plastic to 1/8-inch thick. Season the chops liberally with salt and pepper.
Arrange 3 shallow dishes: Place about a cup of flour on the first, beat eggs with a splash of water in the second and mix the breadcrumbs, nutmeg and poultry seasoning in the third. Dredge the chops first in the flour, dip them into the egg and coat them into the breadcrumb mixture, pressing to make sure the coating sticks.
Heat 1/4 inch of frying oil in large skillet over medium heat. Fry cutlets 2 at a time for 3-4 minutes on each side, until deep golden and cooked through.
Serve cutlets topped with some applesauce with lemon wedges and tots alongside.