Sweet 'N Sour Pork
Rachael's Orecchiette With Bacon + More Q & Ray + J Questions An…
This Woman Lost Her House To a Fire On The Same Day Rachael Did …
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette | Atkins Diet Recipe…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 package pork tenderloins, trimmed of silver skin and cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 slices fresh pineapple, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Ground black pepper
Bring the water to a boil in a medium-size pot with a lid. Add the rice, give it a stir then put the lid on and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the rice until tender, about 18 minutes. Once its ready, fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the scallions.
When the rice is about halfway done, place a large skillet over high heat with 2 turns of the pan of oil, about 2 tablespoons. While the pan is heating up, grab a small bowl and combine the hot sauce, lime juice, honey, tamari, vinegar, tomato sauce and cornstarch, stirring to dissolve the cornstarch. Set the sauce aside.
When the pan is searing hot, add in the pork and cook the meat until caramelized, 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic, ginger, peppers and onions, and stir-fry the meat and veggies for 2 minutes more. Add in the pineapple and reserved sauce, and stir everything together. Bring the sauce to a boil and allow it to cook for 1 minute to thicken up.
Season everything with some ground black pepper and serve the sweet and sour pork over the scallion rice.