- 1 pound vermicelli
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 pound (24 count) large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails off, cut in two down the backside
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems removed and chopped
Place a large pot of water over high heat for the pasta. When the water is boiling, salt it and drop the pasta. Cook to al dente according to package directions. When the pasta is ready, drain it and reserve.
As soon as the pasta goes into the water, place the butter and garlic into a small pot over low heat and cook until the pasta is ready.
While the pasta is cooking, season the shrimp with Old Bay, fennel seeds, salt and pepper, and reserve.
When the pasta is about ready, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. After youve drained the pasta, add the shrimp to the hot pan and saut until pink, about 2 minutes. Add the wine to the pan and cook to reduce, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and add the juice of the lemon.
Combine the shrimp, garlic butter, cooked pasta and parsley, and toss well.