- 1/2 pound orzo
- 1 10-ounce jar piquillo peppers, drained
- 3 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- Salt and ground black pepper
- A few dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil the pasta. Season the boiling water with salt, drop in the orzo and cook to al dente according to package directions. Drain the cooked pasta and reserve.
While the orzo is cooking, set up a food processor and puree the piquillo peppers into a smooth paste. Reserve.
When the orzo is cooked, place a large skillet over medium-low heat with 3 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 3 tablespoons. Add the garlic to the pan and cook until aromatic and just golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta to the pan along about 1/2 cup of the pepper puree, some salt and pepper and hot sauce. Toss and cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
Serve alongside Spanish-Style Chicken with Crispy Chorizo and Chimichurri.