- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) cold butter, plus extra to grease pan
- 2 tablespoons melted butter to top biscuits
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) goat cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preheat your oven to 425F. Place a 10-inch cast-iron pan into the oven while it is heating up.
Place flour and salt into a medium-sized bowl. Cut in the butter and goat cheese. Make a well in the middle of the ingredients and pour in the milk. Stir until the mix is moistened, adding an extra tablespoon of milk if needed.
Remove the hot skillet from the oven and place a tablespoon of butter into it. When the butter has melted, drop 1/4 cupfuls of batter into the pan, (use a muffin or ice cream scoop to drop the batter if you have one). Brush the tops of the biscuits with the melted butter.
Bake 1416 minutes until browned on the top and bottom. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Enjoy warm!