- 2 cups bread, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano, divided
- 3 anchovies
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, one finely chopped and separate the leaves on the other
Preheat oven to 400F.
On a baking sheet, toss the bread cubes with 2 tablespoons EVOO, ground black pepper, 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano. Bake in the oven until golden brown.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Add the anchovies and cook about a minute to melt. Season the chicken with salt and ground black pepper, and cook in the pan until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so then add the Worcestershire and finely chopped romaine. Toss to wilt the lettuce and squeeze in the lemon juice.
Remove pan from heat and add the croutons and the remaining Parmigiano. Toss to combine.
To serve, lay the separated romaine leaves out onto a platter then scoop some of the chicken-crouton mixture onto each leaf.