Garlic Sliced Steak with Watercress and Horseradish Baby Potatoes
Sliced Steak with Horseradish Gravy and Potato and Watercress Ha…
Sliced Steak with Arugula Chimichurri and Sassy Mashed Potatoes …
Sliced Ginger-Garlic Steak and Cold Sesame Noodles
"The View" Co-Host Whoopi Goldberg + Chicken-Fried Steak and Che…
Ayesha Curry's Family-Friendly Steak and Potatoes Dinner
Sliced Steak and Potato Salad
How To Make New York Strip Steak with Baked Potatoes and Asparag…
Sliced Steak BLTs with Jalapeño Chimichurri
Sliced Steak Sandwiches with Roasted Tomatoes
Sliced Steak with Roasted Poblano Gravy, Mashed Sweet Potatoes w…
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, about 1 inch thick, patted dry
- Flour, for coating
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine (eyeball it)
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed of root ends
- 1/2 cup sour cream or creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
- 2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
In a large pot, add the potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, add some salt and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add the EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, and the garlic. Over medium heat, fry the garlic until golden and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a plate. Reserve the skillet with the oil.
On a cutting board, slice the steak thinly crosswise. Toss with a little flour and the paprika. Heat the reserved oil over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, cook the meat until browned all over, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a warm platter.
Stir the tomato paste into the skillet over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan. Pour the sauce over the steak. Top with the watercress and reserved garlic chips.
Mash the potatoes with the sour cream, milk, horseradish and most of the chives and season with salt. Sprinkle the remaining chives on top. Serve alongside steak.