- 12 baby artichokes, cleaned and cooked, chopped
- 3 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (whatever you like basil, flat-leaf parsley, oregano)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 12 thin slices French bread
- 1 5-ounce block soft herb-garlic cheese, such as Boursin
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, toss together the artichokes, 2 tablespoons EVOO, garlic, herbs, some salt and pepper. Set aside.
Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with the remaining tablespoon of EVOO. Pop the bread into the oven and toast until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
Spread some soft cheese over each slice of bread, top with a spoonful of the marinated artichokes and serve.