Originally aired March 6, 2009
- 1 12-ounce (30-count) package mini hot dogs
- 2 tubes crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup brown mustard (about 1/2 teaspoon for each "pig")
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 medium white onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, thoroughly drained
Preheat oven 400F.
Unroll all of the crescent dough. Separate the triangles then cut each into two.
Lay out a triangle so that the shortest side (the point) of the triangle is closest to you. Spread about half a teaspoon of brown mustard over the surface of each piece of dough.
Place about 3/4 teaspoon each of the relish, onion and sauerkraut in the center of each piece of the dough.
Place one mini dog on the part of the triangle closest to you, roll the dog and dough over itself creating a crescent roll, just like it says on the package directions (except yours has a dog with the works in the center). The dog should peek out on both sides of the roll.
Arrange on a baking sheet, transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve straight from the oven.