- 4 eggs, cooked the way you like them
- 1 tablespoon EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, cut into half moons about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 to 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 4 fresh okra, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- A few dashes hot sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or beer
In a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat, add 1 turn of the pan of EVOO and brown the chicken, about 2 minutes per side. Add some salt, ground black pepper, paprika, cayenne, thyme and andouille. Cook until all the meat is brown and cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and reserve on a plate.
In the pan the meat was just cooked in, add the bell pepper, celery, onion and garlic. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add in the okra (if using) and cook another 3 minutes.
Scoot the veggies over to one side of the pan to make a well, add the butter and melt. Stir the flour into the butter and cook 1 minute. Add tomato paste, Worcestershire and hot sauce, and stock, and bring up to a bubble. Add reserved sausage and chicken back to the pot, stir, cover and let stand off the heat.
Serve with Popper Polenta alongside and your eggs on top.