Spinach and Artichoke Mac 'n' Cheese
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish and G…
Rachael Shares Big News About Her Magazine Rachael Ray In Season
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
Rach's One-Pan Roast Chicken Dinner + Amanda Freitag's Honey-Gla…
- 1 pound semolina or whole wheat penne
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups milk
- Freshly grated nutmeg, about 1/4 teaspoon or to taste
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and wrung dry in a kitchen towel
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped artichokes, defrosted and wrung dry in a kitchen towel
- Black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian Fontina cheese, plus additional for sprinkling on top
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus additional for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 375F and place rack in the middle of the oven. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta, salt water and cook pasta to al dente.
While the pasta water comes to a boil, place a medium pot over medium-low heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons, and the butter. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook the veggies until very soft, about 10 minutes.
Turn the heat up to medium-high and sprinkle the flour into the pan. Cook for about 1 minute then whisk the wine into the pan, cooking for another minute to burn off the alcohol. Whisk the milk into the pan and bring up to a bubble. Add the nutmeg, spinach, artichokes, salt and pepper to the sauce and simmer until thickened and vegetables are warmed through, 2-3 minutes more. Add 1 cup of each of the cheeses to the sauce and stir until melted.
Toss the prepared sauce with the cooked pasta and transfer to a casserole dish. Sprinkle some more Fontina and Parmigiano over the top and bake until the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.