Serve with Rach's Ground Beef Stuffed Quesadillas and Refried Black Beans.
- 1 ½ cups Texmati/white long grain rice
- About 1 tablespoon canola, safflower or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ pound spinach, stemmed
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- A small handful of cilantro leaves, 2 tablespoons
- 1 lime
In a saucepot, toast rice 2-3 minutes over medium heat with oil, 1 turn of the pan. Season rice with salt and pepper and add stock, bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover, cook 15 minutes, shaking the pot occasionally. Place spinach, scallions, jalapeno and cilantro in food processor, add juice of 1 lime and process until finely chopped. Add to rice, stir to combine and cover pan, then remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.