- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons tamari (eyeball it)
- 3 take-out packets duck sauce or 2 tablespoons honey (eyeball it)
- 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeo, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped or 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into small matchsticks
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small head Napa cabbage or romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced into half moons
- 4 to 5 ribs celery from the heart, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 pound deli-sliced chicken breast, chopped or 2 cups store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds or whole almonds, chopped
Rub the inside of a large mixing bowl with the clove of garlic and discard whatever's left.
Add the tamari, a hearty splash of water (about 3 tablespoons, just eyeball it), duck sauce or honey and oil to the bowl and whisk to combine.
Add the jalapeos, water chestnuts or jicama, radishes, cabbage or lettuce, cucumber, celery, scallions, cilantro and chicken to the bowl and toss well to combine with the dressing.
Garnish with the toasted almonds and serve.