Chorizo Black Bean Soup
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Garlicky Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips | Rachael Ray
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
- 1 tablespoon EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound cured chorizo, casing removed and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 14-ounce cans black beans, drained
- 3/4 to 1 quart chicken stock, depending on desired thickness
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup (about a handful) flat-leaf parsley or cilantro, chopped
Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Add the chorizo to the pan and cook until crispy, 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve.
Add the onion, garlic, serrano, paprika, some salt and pepper to the pan, and cook until the onions are tender, 5-6 minutes. Add the black beans and chicken stock to the pan, and bring the liquids up to a bubble.
Ladle a couple of scoops of the soup into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Return the pureed soup to the pot and keep warm.
After pureeing the beans, rinse the food processor bowl out and return it to the base. Remove the pit from the avocados and scoop them out into the bowl along with the sour cream, lime zest and juice, and process until smooth.
Serve the soup topped with some avocado cream and reserved crispy chorizo.