Chili Bacon Burgers
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 8 thick slices center-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 small onion, half grated and half finely chopped, divided
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 jalapeo pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (2 palmfuls) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split
- 1/2 cup chili sauce or chipotle salsa
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Preheat oven to 325F. Arrange the bacon slices on a broiler pan and bake in the oven until crispy and cooked, about 8 minutes. Let cool while you prepare the burgers. Turn off the oven and turn on the broiler.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. While the pan heats up, combine the ground sirloin with the grated onion, garlic, jalapeo and spices. Season with salt and pepper, and mix everything together with your hands.
Score the meat into four with the side of your hand and shape each portion into four large patties, dropping them into the hot pan as you shape them. Cook to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium. In the last 2 minutes of cooking, lay 2 pieces of cheese over each burger and tent the pan loosely with foil to melt the cheese.
Toast the rolls under the broiler. Serve the burgers on the toasted buns topped with chili sauce or salsa, some chopped onion, 2 strips of bacon each and a handful of tortilla chips alongside.