Serves 8 servings
Originally aired October 16, 2008
- 8 artichokes
- 6 cups flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of grated Locatelli cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parsley flakes
- 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
Preheat oven to 425F.
Clean artichokes well by separating and pulling leaves open over running water. Cut off the points and stems.
Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stuff the artichokes. Place stuffed artichokes into a roasting pan and add an inch and a half to two inches of water. Cover with tin foil and place in oven for 1 1/2-2 hours, until leaves are tender. Remove the foil and continue baking 15 minutes to brown the tops.