- 2 cups King Arthur self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) cold butter
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup (8 ounces) buttermilk
- Extra butter to grease pan and top biscuits
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Place one 10 inch cast iron pan into the oven while it is preheating. Place flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder into a medium sized bowl. Cut in the butter and cheddar cheese. Make a well in the middle of the ingredients and pour in the milk. Stir until the mix is moistened, adding an extra tablespoon of milk if needed.
Remove the hot skillet from the oven and place a tablespoon of butter into it. When the butter has melted, drop 1/4 cupfuls of batter into the pan, (use a muffin scoop to drop the batter if you have one). Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter. Bake from 14-16 minutes until browned on the top and bottom. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese. Enjoy warm!