Turkey Burgers with Cran-Apple Chutney
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
- 3 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (about 1/2-inch piece) ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 McIntosh or Gala apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup (about a handful) parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 8 slices extra-sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 4 sandwich-size English muffins, split
Place a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Add the onion and ginger to the pan and cook until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add the apples, cranberries, cider vinegar and honey to the pan with some salt and pepper. Cook the chutney, stirring occasionally, until the apples have broken down and thickened, about 10 minutes.
While the chutney is cooking, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. While that's heating up, in a bowl, combine the turkey, herbs, grainy mustard and some salt and pepper. Combine everything with your hands and form it into four patties. Drop the patties into the hot pan and cook through, about 6 minutes per side.
In the last minute of cooking, lay two slices of cheese over each burger and cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil to melt the cheese.
While the burgers cook, place the English muffins split side up onto a baking sheet and toast under the broiler until golden brown (keep an eye on them so they don't burn!).
Serve the burgers up by placing a patty onto each of four muffin halves. Divide the chutney between each burger and cap them off with the remaining muffin tops.