Autumn Harvest Chili
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish and G…
Rachael Shares Big News About Her Magazine Rachael Ray In Season
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
Rach's One-Pan Roast Chicken Dinner + Amanda Freitag's Honey-Gla…
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large or 2 small dried ancho cili peppers, stems and seeds removed
- 2 small butternut squash, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 4 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 small zucchini, diced 1/2 inch
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram or oregano, 1/3 palmful
- 1 scant tablespoon smoked sweet paprika, a light palmful
- 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder, a couple of rounded palmfuls
- 1 10-ounce box frozen corn or 2 ears of corn, kernels scraped
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup Negra Modela or other beer of choice
- 1 healthy tablespoon honey
- 2 cups shredded yellow cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425F.
Place butternut squash cut side up on a baking sheet and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons EVOO and some salt and pepper. Roast squash in oven until tender, about 45 minutes. When they've finished roasting, turn off the oven and turn on the broiler.
While the squash is in the oven, place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat with 3 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 3 tablespoons. Add the mushrooms and brown 5 minutes alone, then add onion, garlic, peppers and zucchini to the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook until the veggies are tender, about 8-10 minutes more. Puree softened ancho chili peppers in food processor or blender with vegetable stock.
Add the spices, corn, black beans and tomato paste to the pan and cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Add the beer to the pan, stir then add ancho stock then simmer over low heat until ready to serve.
Scoop the finished chili over the butternut squash halves and sprinkle with the cheese. Place the squash under the broiler to melt the cheese then serve.