- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cups (loosely packed) baby spinach
Place a medium pot over medium-high heat with the sweet potatoes and enough cold water to cover them. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the cooked potatoes and reserve in a medium-size mixing bowl.
While the potatoes are cooking, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, 3-4 minutes per side.
Remove the bacon from the pan and add the onion, garlic, some salt and tons of black pepper to the bacon drippings. Cook until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove pan from the heat and add the mustard and vinegar, whisking vigorously to incorporate the dressing. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and add the spinach, tossing to coat the potatoes and lightly wilt the spinach. Crumble the bacon over everything. Serve warm or at room temperature.