Fancy Puffy Party Poppers: Wild Mushroom Smear
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 2 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil (eyeball it)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 pound shitake mushrooms, finely chopped by hand or pulsed in the food processor
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, finely chopped by hand or pulsed in the food processor
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, finely chopped by hand or pulsed in the food processor
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cream, enough to bind
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 13x10" sheet puff pastry dough, defrosted
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400F.
To a large pan over medium-high heat, add EVOO. When hot, add the shallots and garlic and cook until slightly tender, about 1 minute. Add the chopped mushrooms and cook down until tender, about 5 minutes. Add just enough cream so the mixture starts binding together. Season with some salt and pepper, remove pan from heat. Stir in the chives and tarragon and let cool.
When the mushrooms are cool, lay the pastry dough out on a nonstick baking sheet. Spread the cooled mushroom mixture evenly on top of the dough and sprinkle with cheese.
Transfer to the oven and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Once the dough is done baking, let cool then cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch squares (about 35 total).