- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup (about a handful) parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) (eyeball it), divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 large to jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- A pinch of saffron (you can substitute saffron powder)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 10-ounce box frozen peas
- 2 cups couscous
- 3/4 pound chorizo, sliced
In a shallow bowl, combine the smoked paprika, garlic, hot sauce, parsley, lemon juice, a tablespoon EVOO, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the shrimp, toss to coat and let marinate.
While the shrimp are marinating, combine the saffron, turmeric, lemon zest, butter and 1 1/2 cups chicken stock in a medium-size saucepot. Cover and place over high heat to bring up to a boil. Once boiling, add the peas, let it come back up to a boil and add the couscous. Give it a quick stir, cover the pot, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring every now and then for about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook another 4-5 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken stock to the skillet, cook about 30 seconds then remove from heat.
To serve, divide the couscous between 4 serving plates and top with some shrimp and chorizo.