Rachael's Vegetable Curry
Viewers Share Photos of Rachael-Inspired Recipes + Rach Is IMPRE…
How to Make a Texas Sheet Cake With a Spicy Twist
Limo Company Owner-Turned-Gardener Turns Vacant Lots Into Urban …
How to Make Chicken with Greens, Beans and Semi-Dried Tomatoes |…
How to Make Easy Sausage, Mushroom and Tomato Rigatoni
Chef Anne Burrell Shares Details From Her Fairytale Fall Wedding
The Great Jack O' Lantern Blaze Might Be the Coolest Halloween A…
How to Make White Pasta E Fagioli | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lobster Risotto with Saffron, Tomatoes and Zucchini …
A Breast Cancer Surgeon's Top 4 Lifestyle Tips for Better Breast…
Stacy London Swears by These Cooling Products During Menopause
This 25-Year-Old Started "Excuse My Grandma" Dating Podcast With…
How to Make Za'atar Chicken Shawarma + Turmeric Rice Pilaf | Rac…
How to Make Creamy Spinach Pasta | Rachael Ray
Ron + Clint Howard on New Memoir "The Boys": "This Is Really a L…
How to Make Homemade Cheese Ravioli Made With Fresh Egg Pasta Do…
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine or basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large, firm eggplant, half peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 rounded tablespoons mild red curry paste, found in the international foods aisle, or curry powder
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup (a few heaping tablespoons) mango chutney
- A handful cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Store-bought naan bread or whole wheat pitas
Prepare rice according to package directions.
While rice is simmering, start the curry: Heat a nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add EVOO, 2 turns around the pan, eggplant, onion and bell pepper. Cover pan and cook 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic and tomato paste, cook about 1 minute more then add the vegetable stock, curry paste and chickpeas.
Stir in mango chutney and salt, and simmer for 1-2 minutes over low heat for flavors to combine. Remove curry from heat and stir in cilantro.
To serve, ladle curry into shallow bowls then scoop rice into the center of the bowls. Garnish your curry with lots of toasted almonds, cilantro and scallions, and serve with naan bread or pitas alongside.