- 1 small package original flavor graham crackers (8 to 10 crackers, depending on the size of the box)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Preheat oven to 350F.
Add the graham crackers and cinnamon to a food processor and process until fine. Add the melted butter to the bowl and pulse the machine until it's fully incorporated into the crumbs and the graham crackers look like wet sand. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the crumb mixture and press the crust down into the bottom and up the sides so that it's evenly dispersed. Bake until the crust has set and feels slightly crisp, 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Once the crust is completely cooled, place a medium-size saucepot over medium heat with the pudding mix, milk, butter and chocolate chips. Bring the mix to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Remove the pudding from the heat and stir in the peppermint extract. Spoon the pudding into the cooled pie shell and refrigerate at least 1 hour until cooled and set. Serve cold.