- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon (about 1/3 palmful) ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon sage, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 small radicchio, chopped
Heat a large saut pan over medium-high heat with the EVOO and butter. Add the onions and cook until caramelized, 5-6 minutes.
Add the sliced Brussels sprouts, allspice, sage, some salt and freshly ground pepper, and toss to combine. Add the stock, bring up to a bubble, then reduce the heat and simmer until the Brussels sprouts are tender, about 15 minutes. In the last three minutes of cooking, stir in the radicchio.