Sage-Stuffed, Pancetta-Wrapped Jumbo Shrimp with Baby Panzanella…
Pancetta-Wrapped Shrimp all'Amatriciana
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken with Herbs & Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Or…
Dogs Wrapped in a Pig (That's Pancetta) With Italian Salsa
Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Herb Ricotta
Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken with Garlic and Herb Cheese
Estrella Restaurant-Style Bacon Wrapped Avocado with Eggs and Ro…
Bucatini with Bacon, Tomato and Green Onions
Shrimp 'N Grits with Bacon Bits and Eggs
Fried Bologna Sandwiches with Olive Salad
Spaghetti with Bacon and Cabbage
- 6 jumbo shrimp, peeled, de-veined and partially butterflied, tails left on
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided plus extra for drizzling
- 12 sage leaves
- 6 slices pancetta, unraveled
- 1 bag croutons, Caesar- or Italian-flavored
- 1 carton multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons EVOO.
Open up the butterflied shrimp and season them with salt, freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of EVOO. Place two sage leaves into the slice along the back where the shrimp has been de-veined and butterflied, then wrap each shrimp from head to tail with a slice of pancetta.
Transfer the pancetta-wrapped shrimp to the hot skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
While the shrimp are cooking, make the panzanella salad: Combine the croutons, tomatoes, shallot, red pepper and basil in a large bowl. Toss the ingredients together with the red wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons EVOO, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Divide the salad between two plates and top each with three shrimp a plate for you and a plate for your honey.