Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Philly Cheesesteak Nachos
Rach's Philly Cheesesteak (Season 2016-2017)
2 Top Secret Cheesesteak Recipes Straight from the Most Popular …
Philly Cheesesteak Rolls
Philly Cheesesteak-Stuffed Garlic Bread
Geno’s ‘Whiz With’ Cheesesteak
Sarah Bailey's Philly Cheesesteak Waffle
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Philly Cheesesteak Mac 'n' Cheese
Philly Cheesesteak Negimaki with Warm Potato Salad
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus additional for drizzling
- 3 to 4 large onions, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pizza dough, store-bought or from your favorite pizzeria
- Cornmeal or flour, for sprinkling
- 2 cups (a few generous handfuls) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound deli-style roast beef, roughly chopped or torn
Preheat oven to 400F. If you're using fresh dough from a pizzeria, take it out of the fridge and bring it up to room temperature before stretching it out.
Place a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add EVOO. Add the onions to the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook until caramelized, about 15-20 minutes, stirring every now and then so the onions don't burn. When caramelized, remove from heat and reserve.
Sprinkle some cornmeal or flour on the baking sheet so it doesn't stick on the bottom then roll out the dough and stretch it to make it fit the pan. Brush it with EVOO and bake for 10-15 minutes, until almost cooked through.
Spread the caramelized onions out over the dough to cover. Add the torn pieces of roast beef and cover with cheese.
Bake for about 5 minutes, until the cheese bubbles and brown up.