Chili Con Queso Fondue
Chili Con Queso Mac
Quick Easy Pizza Dip
Chili Dog Chili with Spicy Mustard Cornbread
Buffalo Chicken Chili
Chili Cheese Corn Muffins
How To Make Rajas con Queso, Eggs and Tater Tot Burritos By Rach…
Chili Mac Cheeseburgers
Chili Shepherd’s Pie
Chipotle Queso with Pumpkin Seeds and Honey
How To Make Turkey Rellenos By Rachael
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 jalapeo pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (about a palmful) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock (eyeball it)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups leftover meat (steak, chicken, pork whatever youve got), chopped or shredded up into bite-size pieces
- Tortilla chips
- Spinach flour tortillas
- Pretzel rods
- Veggie sticks (bell peppers, carrots, celery whatever you like)
- Cherry tomatoes
Place a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about two tablespoons. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeo and saut until the veggies are tender, 5-6 minutes.
If your fondue pot can be used on the stovetop, you can cook the veggies right in that!
While the vegetables are cooking, melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk the chicken stock into the butter-flour mixture, add salt and freshly ground black pepper, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook until thickened, a couple of minutes.
Add the leftover meat to the gravy and cook until heated through. Mix in the shredded cheese and simmer until all of the cheese has melted, about 1 minute. Remove the cheesy gravy from the heat and keep warm.
When the veggies are tender, add the tomato sauce and chili powder and simmer until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes.
Once the veggie mixture is cooked, remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cheese gravy. Serve in a fondue pot and eat it up with your choice of dippers.