- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup baked corn chips, crumbled
Add the salsa verde, rotisserie chicken and chicken stock. Bring up to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Place the soup in a thermos and pack some tomatoes, cilantro, cheese and corn chips to go alongside in their lunchbox. Save the leftovers for dinner one night!