- 2 cups green olives, pitted
- 1 piece stale bread, such as white bread, crusts removed and torn into pieces
- 4 to 5 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from the stem
- Few pinches of red pepper flakes, more if you like
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add the olives, bread, thyme, red pepper flakes, red onion, garlic and red wine vinegar to a food processor, and pulse to finely chop. With the food processor running, stream in the EVOO until the sauce is smooth.
Transfer to a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.