- 5 pounds red potatoes
- A palmful garlic powder
- A palmful of onion powder
- A palmful of dried parsley
- A palmful of dried rosemary
- A palmful of dried thyme
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), to coat the potatoes
- Salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 28-ounce bags (the large ones) of frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup honey
- Dash of curry powder
Preheat oven to 400F.
Remove carrots from freezer and let them come to room temperature. Cut potatoes in half and place them on a large baking sheet or roasting pan. Add all of the spices to a small bowl and mix to create a seasoning mixture (keep the leftovers in a well-sealed container for a later use).
Coat the potatoes with EVOO then sprinkle with the spice mixture. Toss the potatoes so the EVOO and spices are distributed evenly. Roast for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
While potatoes are roasting, place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter to the skillet and let melt. Add the water, thawed carrots, honey and curry powder to the butter and stir to coat the carrots in the butter. When they're heated through, they are ready to serve.
Serve the roasted potatoes and glazed carrots alongside Rachael's "Buying In Bulk" Pot Roast.