- 4 New York strip steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 10 to 12 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 herb apricot mix recipe
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup blueberry liquid from Blueberry Cream Soup recipe
Season steaks with salt and pepper. Sear them in a large skillet over high heat with EVOO until desired doneness. Set aside to rest.
Add 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter and EVOO to the skillet, then saut mushrooms until brown. Add herb apricot mix during the last minute or so of sauting.
Add beef broth to deglaze the pan, then add the blueberry liquid and simmer the sauce until it reduces by about half. Add the final tablespoon of butter and stir to finish the sauce. Pour mushroom pan sauce over the steaks.