- 6 puff pastry shells, recommended brand Pepperidge Farms
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed, or fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese, divided
- Additional fresh blueberries and mint for garnish
Preheat oven and bake puff pastry shells according to package directions.
While the shells are baking up, prepare the sauces: In a small, nonstick saucepan, heat 1 cup of blueberries and 1/3 cup sugar. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until the sugar is melted and the sauce starts to thicken.
For the apricot sauce, heat 1/2 cup of the apricots, remaining sugar, chopped mint, and water in a small nonstick saucepan. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until the sugar is melted and the sauce starts to thicken.
Mix 1 cup of whole milk ricotta cheese with 1/2 cup of the blueberry sauce. Spoon the blueberry cannoli mixture into three of the pastry shells. Place a few whole fresh blueberries on top.
Mix remaining 1 cup of whole milk ricotta cheese with the apricot sauce. Spoon the apricot cannoli mixture into the remaining three pastry shells. Garnish with mint.