- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), 2 turns of the pan
- 4 chicken cutlets, pounded thin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup store-bought ranch dressing
- A couple drops of hot sauce, to taste
- 6 slices white bread, preferred brand Pepperidge Farm, toasted
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced
Pre-heat oven to 400F.
Assemble bacon slices on a broiler pan. Cook until crispy, about 10 minutes. While the bacon is crisping up, heat EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper, and cook 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden brown. There should be no pink in the middle.
In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup of ranch dressing with a couple drops of hot sauce, depending how spicy you like it. To assemble your BLT, place a chicken cutlet on a piece of toasted white bread. Spread about a tablespoon of the dressing over the cutlet.
Top that with another piece of toast and another cutlet topped with dressing. Add a lettuce leaf, a slice of tomato and 2 slices of bacon. Add 1 final piece of toasted bread. Use 4 toothpicks to secure the sandwich in all four corners. Cut into 4 equal triangles. Repeat to make another sandwich.