- 1 3-4 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 6 cloves garlic, cracked
- 6 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
- 10 thyme sprigs, leaves removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning
- 1 jar giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables)
- 8 kaiser rolls
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Cut 6 slits in the pork loin and jam the garlic cloves into the slits.
In a small mixing bowl, combine rosemary, thyme, EVOO and grill seasoning. Rub the herb mixture into the pork loin, making sure to coat all sides. Place in a roasting pan or cookie sheet and roast until the internal temperature reads 150F, about 1 hour. Once the thermometer reads 150F, remove the pork to a cutting board and tent with foil. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Thinly slice the pork loin.
While the pork is roasting, drain the giardiniara over the garbage bowl and add to a food processor. Pulse to finely chop it up but not so much so that it is smooth.
Slice kaiser rolls in half and spread with the giardiniara. Add the pork slices and top with the other half of the roll and press under a panini press until toasty and golden brown.