- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups plain couscous
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 10-ounce box frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped (about a handful)
- 4 springs mint, leaves removed and chopped
Heat 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock and 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
Once the stock for the couscous is boiling, add the couscous, cinnamon, peas and some salt and pepper. Give it a quick stir and take the pan off the heat. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in the almonds, parsley and mint.