Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
How To Make Cheesy Butternut, Kale and Cauliflower Bake | Health…
Rach's One-Pan Roast Chicken Dinner + Amanda Freitag's Honey-Gla…
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
How To Make Garlicky Lemon-Pepper Shrimp By Rachael
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
How To Make 7 Layer Tacos With Chicken & Chorizo | Hard Shell Ta…
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus extra for oiling the pan
- ½ stick of butter, softened
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 4 ribs celery and greens from the heart, chopped
- 1 medium to large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Macintosh apples, quartered and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 8 cups cubed stuffing mix or homemade croutons of any bread you choose — pumpernickel and rye work well
- Additional ½ stick of butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4-5 cups chicken stock
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the EVOO to the skillet and the butter. When the butter melts, add the bay leaf, celery, onions and apples. Season with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning, and cook 5-6 minutes or until vegetables and apples begin to soften.
Add the parsley and stuffing cubes to the pan and combine. Moisten the stuffing with chicken broth until all of the bread is soft, but not wet. Remove bay leaf and let cool either in the pan or in a bowl.
For individual muffins: Brush a 12 muffin cup holder with the remaining butter. Add the beaten egg to the cooled stuffing mixture.
Using an ice cream scoop, fill and mound up the stuffing in muffin tins. Bake until set and crisp on top, 10-15 minutes. Remove stuffin' muffins to a platter and serve hot or room temperature.
For a stuffin' loaf:
Brush a cookie sheet or a metal oven safe oval tray with EVOO. Form a loaf shape out of your stuffing and bake until set and crisp on top, about 15-20 minutes.