- 1/2 pound bacon
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeo peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups arugula, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, 3 to 4 roma or plum tomatoes, seeded
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- A sack of corn chips
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place bacon on a slotted broiler pan and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until bacon gets crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, let cool for a couple minutes and roughly chop.
Pit and scoop avocados into a bowl. Chop the garlic, sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over the chopped garlic and chop it again so it makes a paste. Add the garlic paste, the chopped jalapeos, lemon juice and red onions to the bowl and mash the guacamole until smooth.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer guacamole to a serving dish and top with the chopped arugula, tomatoes and bacon. Serve with corn chips.