Shimmy & Roast Chicken
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 3 cups croutons, ground up in a food processor, or use breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 springs of thyme, leaves pulled off
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves pulled off and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large, gallon-size re-sealable plastic bag
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Mix the ground croutons, Parmigiano, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in the plastic bag and toss to combine.
Add the chicken, a couple pieces at a time, seal the bag and give it a good shimmy-shake to coat the chicken.
Place the coated chicken on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken until all the pieces are coated. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
Into a container with a lid, add the red wine vinegar, garlic, basil and EVOO. Place the lid on tight, and give it a good shimmy to mix it up. In a salad bowl, add the tomatoes, red pepper, red onion and romaine, and pour dressing over the salad.
Season with salt and pepper, toss to coat and serve alongside the chicken.