- 3 cups of panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ground ginger
- 1/4 cup ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large, gallon-size, re-sealable plastic bag
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 3 scallions, mostly green parts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 packages duck sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Mix the bread crumbs, ground ginger, ground coriander, salt, pepper and lemon zest in the plastic bag and toss to combine.
Add the chicken to the bag, a couple pieces at a time, seal it and give it a good shimmy-shake to coat the chicken. Place the coated chicken on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken until all the pieces are coated. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
Into a container with a lid, add the scallions, garlic, vinegar and duck sauce. Place the lid on tight, and give it a good shimmy to mix it up. In a salad bowl, add the tomatoes, red pepper, red onion and romaine, and pour dressing over the salad.
Season with salt and pepper, toss to coat and serve alongside the chicken.