- 1 baguette, fatter in size, cut on a bias into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 6-ounce container mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup store-bought, black olive tapenade
- Zest of 1 lemon
Preheat broiler to high.
Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet, drizzle them with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Place under the broiler for about 30 seconds on each side until toasted.
Top each slice of baguette with a nice shmear of mascarpone. Spread about 1 tablespoon (or more if you like) of black olive tapenade on top of that and grate some lemon zest over it to finish it off.