- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey thigh meat
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 small green or red tomatoes, sliced
Scoop avocado flesh into a small bowl. Add mayonnaise and garlic, and mash with a fork until well combined but chunky. Season with salt and reserve.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey and salsa. Score the mixture into four equal portions and form patties.
In a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties for 4 minutes on one side. Flip and top each with a slice of cheese, cover and cook for 4 minutes more. Spread the avocado mayo on the split side of each roll bottom and cover with some cilantro. Top with a patty and 2 tomato slices. Set the roll tops into place and serve.