- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 cloves garlic, cracked from skin
- 1 16-ounce jar Piquillo peppers or roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large crusty loaf of bread, cut on the bias into thick slices
In a small skillet, heat EVOO and add the cracked garlic. Add the peppers, sherry, and parsley and cook for 2-3 minutes.
While the peppers and garlic are cooking, get the bread under the broiler until it just begins to char.
Place some of the pepper mixture on top of the bread and serve.