- 2 medium Spanish onions, cut into large chunks
- 3 to 4 Italian frying peppers or cubanelle peppers, cut into large chunks
- 16 to 20 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large bunch cilantro, washed
- 4 leaves of cilantro
- 3 to 4 ripe plum tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into large chunks
Add the onion and cubanelle or Italian peppers into the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
With the motor running, add the remaining ingredients one at a time and process until smooth.