- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds thin-cut chicken cutlets, cut into thin, 2-inch-long strips
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning, recommended brand Montreal Seasoning by McCormick
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin, 2-inch-long strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
Place a large nonstick skillet over high heat with 3 turns of the pan of vegetable oil, about 3 tablespoons.
Season the chicken with the grill seasoning and, once you see ripples in the oil, add the chicken pieces the hot skillet in an even layer. Stir while it cooks through, about 3 minutes. Add the red bell pepper, onion, garlic and continue to cook for 3-4 more minutes.
While the chicken and veggies are cooking, combine the hoisin sauce and the chicken stock in a small bowl. Add the liquid to the chicken along with the drained water chestnuts and stir to coat everything in the sauce. Cook for about another minute to heat up the water chestnuts, then add in the bean sprouts. Stir to combine and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle the top with the toasted sesame seeds.
Remove the core of the iceberg lettuce by slamming the head, root end down, on the countertop -- really slam it! Once you turn the head over, you'll find that the root can be easily pulled out away from the leaves. Cut the head into 6 wedges and arrange the wedges around the bowl of chicken, making the leaves resemble the petals of a flower.
To assemble the wraps, grab a lettuce leaf and mound a spoonful of the chicken in the center. Wrap the leaf around the chicken and chomp away!