Sloppy Taco Stoup
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
Interview Advice For Older Candidates Looking For a Job During C…
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
How To Make Cheesy Butternut, Kale and Cauliflower Bake | Health…
How To Make Garlicky Lemon-Pepper Shrimp By Rachael
How To Make Simple Fish and Tomato Stew | Rachael Ray
Save vs. Splurge: Trendy Loungewear For 2021
At-Home Resistance Band Workout That Mimics Gym Exercise Machine…
Rach's One-Pan Roast Chicken Dinner + Amanda Freitag's Honey-Gla…
Hilarious Exchange Between Rach & John About What They Ate On Fi…
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeo pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, any kind you like
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 quarts beef stock
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives with pimento, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn tortilla chips, crushed
Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat with EVOO.
When oil is hot, add beef and season with salt, black pepper, chili powder and cumin.
Brown the meat for 5 minutes, breaking it up into small pieces with the back of a wooden spoon.
Add the garlic, onion, peppers and the bay leaf, and cook for 7-8 minutes until tender. Add the hot sauce and tomato paste, and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Stir in stock, bring to a bubble, reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minutes.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the scallions, cilantro, olives and tomatoes. Serve this mixture on top of the sloppy chili along with a handful of crushed tortilla chips.