- 12 large jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese, grated
- 2 to 3 tablespoons green salad olives with pimientos, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or cilantro
Preheat the oven to 425F.
Slice off a lengthwise piece of each jalapeno then, using a small spoon or paring knife, scrape the seeds out of each pepper to make little jalapeno canoes. Chop the tops finely and add to a mixing bowl with the cream cheese, Manchego, green olives, parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Use a small spoon to fill the canoes or transfer the mixture to a re-sealable plastic bag, snip off the end and squeeze the mixture into the hulls of your jalapeno canoes.
Arrange the peppers on cookie sheet, transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.