- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 16-ounce sack shredded cabbage blend for slaw salad
- 1 heart of romaine, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 large half-sour or garlic pickles, chopped
- 8 pork or beef hot dogs, cut into 1-inch thick slices on an angle
In a large bowl, combine mustard, vinegar, sugar and about 3 tablespoons of EVOO.
Add the onions, cabbage, romaine, salt and freshly ground black pepper, and toss to combine. Top the salad with the tomatoes and pickles and mound onto serving plates.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. To the pan, add 1/2 cup of water and the remaining tablespoon of EVOO. The water will cook the hot dogs and once the water has evaporated, the remaining oil with brown them up.
When the dogs are done, slice them and arrange them over the plated slaw. Eat and enjoy!