- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (a generous handful) currants
- 1 fresh or dry bay leaf
- 1 rounded tablespoon mild curry paste or powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-ounce box frozen peas
- 2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup toasted, slivered almonds
- 4-6 scallions, green and white parts thinly sliced
In a small sauce pot, combine the chicken stock, currants, bay leaf, curry, a little salt and pepper, and the butter. Bring up to a boil, add the peas and bring back up to a boil. Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour the seasoned stock over it. Wrap the bowl tightly with some plastic wrap and let the couscous stand for 5 minutes.
Remove the plastic wrap and fluff the couscous with a fork. Remove bay leaf, add the toasted almonds and scallions, stirring to distribute evenly. Serve hot, warm or cold, over a bed of mixed greens. YUM-O!